Welcome to your college connection
Whatever you want to do with your life, education beyond high school can help you get there. A college degree or certificate will help you to secure a future of opportunity — from cool careers and improved salaries to unique experiences and greater life choices.
College In Colorado provides the information, tools and resources to help you explore careers and plan, apply and pay for education beyond high school. Everything we offer is TOTALLY FREE and much of the site is available in Spanish. Here are just a few of the interactive tools on the site:
- A Scholarship Finder that matches your characteristics to thousands of scholarships posted nationwide as well as statewide and regional scholarship listings;
- Your Plan of Study that suggests courses based upon your career area of interest and helps you create your academic plan;
- Financial aid and budgeting calculators;
- Surveys and criteria builders to match your interests, skills and desires to career and college programs;
- ACT/SAT test preparation and vocabulary builder;
- Side-by-side comparisons and online applications to colleges;
- Use the Portfolio and work on your Individual Career and Academic Plan (ICAP).
Colorado ranks in the top five states nationwide for the greatest number of degree holders per capita, yet only one in five Colorado ninth-grade students will earn a college degree, ranking the state in the bottom quartile nationally. College In Colorado was initiated by the Department of Higher Education (DHE), which serves the citizens of the state of Colorado by promoting access to, affordability of, and success in higher education for all students. College In Colorado is charged with helping all Coloradans explore career and education pathways, break down barriers to postsecondary attainment, and create a plan for their postsecondary and workforce success.
A cornerstone of the campaign, www.collegeincolorado.org, offers a one-stop resource to help students, parents and counselors plan, apply and pay for college.
The College In Colorado team reaches out to students, parents and educators through ongoing events and training opportunities, as well as providing practical tools to assist every student in Colorado in furthering their education past high school. Some of these free services include:
- CollegeInColorado.org - the free, comprehensive Website dedicated to providing adults and students with everything they need to know about career exploration and planning, selecting high school courses, choosing and applying to colleges, obtaining financial aid and getting ready to take the SAT, ACT or